Emergency Vet in Cropwell, AL
Does your pet need emergency medical care? Call now for immediate assistance from our trained veterinary staff.
Pell City Animal Hospital provides comprehensive treatment services, hospitalization, and critical care for pet emergencies.
Our animal emergency center is equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment and technologies to help our veterinary experts assess your pet’s health.
If your pet requires a service that we cannot provide, we’ll refer you to an appropriate 24-hour urgent care center. Call our office now for help.
After Hours Pet Emergencies
Outside our standard business hours, our doctors take emergency calls up until 10:00pm. If you have an emergency after our normal business hours and prior to 10:00pm, please call (205) 884-4104 immediately and you will be given information on how to reach our doctor on call.
If you have an emergency after 10:00pm, we ask that you contact one of the Emergency Animal Hospitals in Alabama listed below.
|Steel City Emergency Vets|
|1900 Hoover Ct|
Hoover, AL 35226
|(205) 413-8989||Visit Website|
|Emergency Pet Care|
|7299 Gadsden Hwy|
Trussville, AL 35173
|(205) 661-2273||Visit Website|
|Veterinary Specialists of Birmingham + Pet Emergency|
|146 Resource Center Pkwy|
Birmingham, AL 35242
|(205) 967-9107||Visit Website|
What is considered a pet emergency?
In most cases, the following conditions are too risky to wait before seeking treatment:
- Injury from a traumatic accident or from an attack by another animal
- Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting that contains blood
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen and or painful abdomen
- Foaming at the mouth
- Swallowing a foreign object
- Ingestion of a toxic substance
- Difficulty urinating
Emergency Tests & Diagnostics
During your pet’s stay, we provide the highest-quality care and attention. All hospitalized patients are kept in a specialized treatment area where they are closely monitored.
Our vet team is skilled in offering surgical, diagnostic, and medical care and work with compassion and efficiency to ensure a positive outcome.
We offer the latest diagnostics and testing for our urgent care patients at our emergency veterinary clinic, including:
- Blood analysis. A blood analysis can help us determine what is wrong with your dog or cat if they are experiencing an unknown illness or has ingested a toxic substance.
- Digital X-rays. X-rays help us determine what kind of internal injuries your pet might be experiencing after a fight or accident involving a car.
- Surgery. Sometimes pets need to be brought into surgery to repair internal injuries.
- Broken bone setting. We set broken bones for animals to help them heal quickly and properly. Your pet's veterinarian will also help relieve your pet's pain during the healing process.
- Medication. Medicines may be necessary to help your pet recover from a medical emergency or illness. We keep a range of pet medicines on hand to ensure that your pet's needs are covered.
For more information on our emergency vet services or to book an appointment, please call our office at (205) 884-4104.